DPC Procedure – Constitution of DPCs in respect of cases which required ACC approval – Applicability in the case of promotions under the Flexible Complementing Scheme
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
New Delhi – 110001
December 2, 2002
DPC Procedure – Constitution of DPCs in respect of cases which required ACC approval – Applicability in the case of promotions under the Flexible Complementing Scheme.
In this Departments’s O.M.No.22012/5/97-Estt(D) dated 12.1.1998 (copy enclosed), while prescribing guidelines for reconstitution of the Departmental Promotion Committees (DPCs) for certain Secretariat/ Non-Secretariat appointments, a list showing the designated nominee of the Department of Personnel and Training on the DPC of each Ministry/Department was also endorsed to the various Ministries/ Departments for appropriate action to amend the composition of DPCs in the relevant Recruitment/Service Rules. References have been received in this Department for clarification whether the nominee of this Department as conveyed in Office Memorandum dated 12.1.1998 referred to above will function in Assessment Boards, Selection Committees etc. set up for considering promotions under FCS. It is confirmed that this Department’s nominee indicated in the Office Memorandum of 12.1.1998 will also be the nominee of this Department in Assessment Boards, Selection Committees or equivalent constituted for considering promotions under FCS, after the screening process is over, for posts carrying scales of pay covered in this Department’s Office Memorandum dated 12.1.1998.
2. Various Ministires/Departments administering FCS for their Scientists/Technologists may take necessary action to make appropriate amendments to their Rules covering scientific/technical posts.
3. Hindi version will follow.
DEPUTY SECRETARY TO THE GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
New Delhi 110001
January 12, 1998
Subject:- DPC procedure – Constitution of DPCs in respect of certain categories of cases which required ACC approval – Revised instructions – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to the Office Memorandum No.27/12/97-EO(ACC) deated 15.10.1997 which conveys the decision of the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) regarding delegation of certain powers to Ministries/Departments to make appointments to all posts or grades where in the maximum of the salary (excluding allowances) or the maximum of the pay-scale (grade) is less than Rs.20,900/- (Rs.6,700/- in the pre-revised pay scale).
2. Hitherto, appointments to such posts were subject to the approval of the ACC. Keeping in view the parameters of the aforesaid delegation of powers, it has been decided to issue instructions for re-constitution of the Departmental Promotion Committees (DPC) as noted in the Recruitment/Service Rules for secretariat/non-secretariat appointments (regular as well as ao-hoc) to the posts or grades in the aforementioned category of pay scales so as to include the representative of the Department of Personnel and Trainign (DOP&T). Such cases, as per the said delegation of powers, need not be submitted to the ACC after suitable changes in the composition of the DPCs as noted in the relevant Recruitment/Service Rules have been made. [This arrangement will apply only to cases in the stated category where the UPSC is not associated with the DPC and also do not entail relaxation of any guidelines issued by the DOP&T.] The representative of the DOP&T is required to be at least one level higher than the level for which promotion is being considered. Accordingly, a list showing the designated nominee of the DOP&T on the DPC of each Ministry/Department is enclosed.
3. Ministry of Finance, etc are, therefore, requested to take steps to amend the composition of the DPCs of the relevant Recruitment/Service Rules so as to include the DOP&T nominee as indicated in the enclosed list in addition to the existing members of the DPCs. In order to facilitate speedy action on the suggested lines, powers are hereby delegated to the Ministries/ Departments concerned to make the required amendments to the relevant Recruitment/Service Rules. The said amendments may be notified without making any reference to this effect to the DOP&T/the UPSC. Exemption for this purpose is also granted from the temporary ban on framing/amendment/relaxation/modification/notification of Recruitment Rules/ service Rules in respect of Group ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’ and ‘D’ posts/services/cadres imposed vide DOP&T O.M. No.AB.14017/2/97-Estt(RR) dated 10.2.1997.
4. Notwithstanding the delegation of powers as detailed in paragraphs 1 and 2 of this Office Memorandum, the administrative Ministries/Departments may continue the practice of sending their proposals to the Establishment Officer for concurrence before issuing the orders in terms of paragraphs 2 and 17 of the DOP&T O.M.No.27/12/97-EO(ACC) dated 15.10.1997.
5. These orders shall come into force with immediate effect.
6. Hindi version of this Office Memorandum would follow.